Job Title: DevOPS Engineer
Are you passionate about helping to architect, design, implement, build, and deploy code in an environment that challenges preconceived ideas? Does solving complex business problems and real world challenges interest you? Do you thrive in a dynamic start-up work environment that constantly pushes you to be the best you can be and more? Are you ready to work with motivated colleagues and veteran entrepreneurs who strive for excellence in everything they do?
If you want to be part of a supportive and innovative environment, come join our growing team. See what PeerNova can do for your career and your journey. Our product uses components built in Java, C++, Node.JS, and Python but we are constantly evolving.
Developing security features for our distributed immutable store. Someone who specialize in the securing different parts of the system. Communication based authorization and authentication for internal services, integration with customer systems for user authentication, and new technologies that have to do with information redaction based on entitlement patterns.
- As a DevOps Engineer, building, deploying in, and maintaining our AWS cloud environment is your day-to-day focus. Automation is in your blood, and thorough familiarity with Unix scripting, Puppet, Chef and other languages a critical survival skill.
- Your experience helps you learn and adapt to new technologies and changing situations quickly.
- As part of a cross-functional team, you advise on the hidden operations and automation tasks buried in our backlog. When any team ships code, you are already trying to spot potential performance issues and planning tests.
- You bridge software development and systems management, and with strong communication skills, you're not scared to roll up your sleeves and help debug a development issue in your favorite IDE.
- As a Java/Linux team, key technologies include Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, and Git experience building out and scaling in cloud environments is a must.
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of common web-based applications such as Apache (1.x/2.x), Tomcat, nodeJS, Nginx, etc.
- Experience with Cloudera Hadoop v5.5.1 preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience with operating system (Linux/Solaris/general UNIX) installation and patch administration in an Internet services environment.
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Chef, etc.)
- Practical experience with most of, if not all, components of AWS: EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, DynamoDB, ElasticCache, IAM, CodeDeploy.
- Working experience with Perl +1 other scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Proven ability to automate common administration tasks.
- Bachelors of Science or related technical degree in Computer Science, Information Science.
- Experience working with load balancing technologies and web server farms.
- Strong ability to document standards, methods and produce drawings of environments.
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k benefits
- Diverse, passionate, and skilled co-workers
- Casual working environment
- Weekly company lunches
- Quarterly company outings
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits, Retirement Plans, and Shopping discounts
PeerNova is a Silicon Valley-based technology company founded by veteran entrepreneurs with deep expertise in distributed systems, networking solutions, big data, compiler technology, and financial services. Our team consists of members with past experience at Intel, Qualcomm, Visa, IBM, Google, and HSBC. We are setting new standards for storing, securing and validating data. At PeerNova, we’re about pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Our blockchain-inspired product provides a unique approach to delivering high integrity, auditable, information platforms without compromising on performance, scalability or security. We offer the means for our customers to ensure and demonstrate the accuracy of their records for both compliance reasons and to satisfy desires for greater trustworthiness and transparency.